This is my dad’s dog, Chloe. She went to the Rainbow Bridge today. She was about 4 or 5 years old (my dad rescued her).
She was out on a walk, sniffing around some plants, when a frog (a toad maybe?) jumped out. Naturally, she was very curious. She went to sniff it and she ended up putting the frog in her mouth. She died* pretty much instantly. Our poor Chloe. She has had a rough couple of months. Last year, in August, she got out of the gate and got run over by a car. She somehow survived that (broken leg and some internal bleeding), so it’s extra crushing to lose her this way.
Rest in peace, Chloe girl. <3
*Click here to read more about Toad Venom Toxicosis